It was all about Parisian cool for the Vanessa Bruno hair style. Eugene Souleiman drew inspiration for this look from real hair, real people with subtle and simple elements to give a raw natural feel.
“I wanted to create a hair look that had the cleanness of minimalism yet gives the feeling of looseness and sensuality. This is the first time I have worked for Vanessa Bruno and when we met to discuss the look we had great synergy and both wanted the same thing, something cool and uncontrived but with subtle touches of detail. Vanessa creates cool clothes for cool girls, she understands how girls want to look and this hairstyle echoes that feeling” said Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Care & Styling, Wella Professionals.
Keeping it minimal and clean, Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier was used on wet hair before blow drying, it acts as a primer and helps to give a natural satin finish to the hair. A centre part was seen on all the girls giving a neat look and towards the ends Wella Ocean spritz was used to create a contrasting texture giving life to this cool and elegantly sexy look.
I had another awe struck moment when Cara Delevigne walked into the hectic room in her ‘whatever’ beanie which was to soon come off as she lead the team of models down the runway. When Steph (my fellow Aussie from Watermelon crush blog) and I saw a glimpse of the empt stage, tingles came over us as we knew that in less than two hours time, the vibe in that room would be electric and a feast full of fashions finest would be seated to see Vanessa Bruno showcase her A/W13 collection.
Get the Look:
- Start with clean freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition
- Apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Hair Primer to wet hair and blow dry with a round brush keeping the hair flat to the head
- Apply Wella Professionals Perfect Setting Blow Dry lotion to help keep hair flat and smooth
- Create a centre parting and using a fine tooth comb, comb the hair through to create asmooth finish and position behind the ear
- Release a small piece of hair on both sides of the front of the head so they fall in front of theears
- Spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray on the end lengths of the hairfrom the ear bone downwards, then gently twist the long hair and apply heat from a blow dryer with a diffuser – this will allow the hair to ‘set’ and provide a raw contrasting texture to the hair
- If time allows, clip the twist in place loosely for a little more texture, and release when ready