It is Sunday, a glorious sun-filled Sunday it was here in Melbourne. Sunday is 100% family day for me, it is a day to reflect on the week that was, wear the most comfy of clothes, visit family, sing every Hillsong song I know and get down on the ground and play make believe with my children. How lucky am I?
I thought I would keep it short and sweet tonight before a busy week of playing catch up begins tomorrow and list down a few things that I am grateful for from this week. I hope I can inspire you to do the same, a moment to yourself to put things into perspective and take on Monday like a boss!
I am grateful for:
- The sleep in I got this morning as my mum had Aston at her house and Will slept in a little longer for Josh and I this morning.
- To see Aston get excited to go to kinder this semester, a far cry from the tears we had at the start of the year.
- Seeing Aston build his confidence at swimming this week, he is doing so well.
- A lovely evening Thursday night when I had my husbands family over for a meal I cooked, I am so luck to have married into a loving family who see me as their own.
- For my littlest son Will and hearing the funny things he says to me (you might see them on my snap chat) he is so full of spunk and personality I love him so much.
- For two of my close friends giving birth this week, I love sharing the motherhood journey with my friends and giving as much advice as I can give to help them.
- That I sorted my computer problems out once and for all, although I do need to make one more trip to the Apple store tomorrow.
- For dry shampoo
- Tonight when I put Aston to bed, we spent time looking at photos of him when he was a baby, we cuddled for a long time and he told me he felt safe. He also told me he will be moving out of home at the age of 10 and will come and visit me often. Gosh I love him.
- For my lovely occasional babysitter Lucy, who did all my washing for me so I could spend my time with the kids, she even made banana bread!
- For spending today at my mums and enjoying a long day there, Josh works most weekends and it was nice to have him catch up with my family.
- I am grateful for the friends I surround myself with.
- That God has blessed me with all I need, two beautiful boys and a husband. Everything else is a bonus.