I thought it would be a great idea to explain to you why I LOVE Noosa! Two of my closest friends, who are both married, and have children, and know me the best know that Noosa is my happy place, but it took some convincing to make them go from Bali/Hawaii holiday goers, to Sunshine Coast goers. You know what? When they finally gave in and visited Noosa themselves (with their own families), the words “heaven” “love” and “now I understand” were texted to me within one day of their arrival on both accounts with both of my individual friends.
Josh and I started going to Noosa back in 2010, before we had kids, but when we had Aston the following year, our Noosa trip went to a whole new level of amazing. Seeing our little boy’s face light up when he was on the sand and in the water was absolutely priceless. Most holiday goers were either older/retired couples or families, so everyone was there for the same reason, not to party!
When Seahaven Noosa opened up a year or so later, it was the beginning of Seahaven being our home away from home.
Imagine arriving into the Sunshine Coast, getting into the hire car/car service/bus and then after a 40 minute drive, arriving to Seahaven, you walk into your room and you see absolutely beach front views. We always settle into our room with ease, it is modern, comfortable, clean, and most of the time we get straight into our swimmers, walk out of our ground level room and walk straight out the gate and to the beach.
I think the fact that Seahaven is modern is what my husband loves the most about it, he feels comfortable and relaxed rather than some of the ‘older’ un-renovated places we had stayed at previously. What I love, is that the cleaners come every day, which means I am truly on holidays. I also love being on the ground level so the boys can play out on the grass whilst I unwind with a magazine or social media. Many times, we have made friends with our neighbours, whom most of the time are from Melbourne and most of the time our paths connect back home also. The boys, well they love going from pool to pool, they love the fact that they have a TV in their bedroom (only on holidays boys!!!) they love that they dont have to walk too far to the beach and back and they love that mummy can make them their dinner (my boys prefer home cooked meals rather than going out- which I dont mind as their meals are pretty simple to whip up).
I dont have to convince you any more to stay at Seahaven, as I am sure you have seen it all over instagram!
Why else should I visit Noosa, you ask? Still need convincing… OK, let me have the spotlight because I can sell this baby like no other:
- It is a two hour flight from Melbourne.
- You do need to hire a car or get a chauffeur to pick you up from the airport to take you to Noosa Heads, but that is all part of the fun!
- Emu holiday hire have everything you need for your baby/children needs such as prams, cots, monitors, toys, beach equipment, linen, highchairs and so much more, they also deliver to the hotel before you arrive.
- The Noosa Main Beach is breathtaking, you would be forgiven to think that your were in Hawaii. The water is crystal blue, the beach patrol are there to protect you between the flags for those choppy days, but sometimes when the water is still, it is like being in a bath.
- Noosa has some of Australia’s best restaurants, they are all accomodating for children and everyone is very friendly.
- The cafe’s are a great social scene to people watch.
- The retail offering is exceptional with something for everyone, from HUGO BOSS (I actually set this store up when it first opened when I was the VM for BOSS) Witchery, Surf stores, Jewellery stores, Noosa Classics Men’s store (Josh picks up some great Ralph Lauren polos from here), Galleries, Antiques, Swimwear stores, Just Jeans and boutiques with contemporary designers and Australian Designers.
- My favourite coffee and breakfast is at Boardwalk Cafe
- There are several bakeries for great and quick snacks and bread.
- The Foodworks supermarket (a company I also used to work for years ago) has all you need to stock up your serviced apartment and host great dinners with friends. They also have a few knick knacks for the kids.
- The Chemist is SO good! They have every brand, skincare, pharmaceutical needs, kids toys and pool toys, hats, sunglasses and more.
- The Noosa hospital is very close and wonderful. I went when I was first pregnant with Aston, to see if he was an ectopic pregnancy, then one year Aston was unwell, and then last year when Aston (again!!!) had a chest infection. That piece of mind, also reassures me that the kids are looked after incase of an emergency.
- For date night? Sail’s restaurant is the best place to dine whilst watching the sun set, and perhaps seeing whales or dolphins splash around in the horizon. Ricky’s restaurant is our favourite, located by the river. Rococo’s is awesome for cocktails!or if you like, the surf club?
- Take the kids for a walk at night to see the fairy lit tree at the round about, on your walk to picking up a delicious ice-cream at Massimo’s or Copenhagen.
- If you think the kids have had enough beach time and they have finished up resting at the apartment after some lunch, take them to the Playground, located behind the bus stop near the river. They can play, have an early dinner with Betty’s burgers maybe? or spot the fish in the river.
- I like to take William down to the food court to play on the $2 car rides to kill some time.
- Want a massage? There are several day spas for pampering. (see my experience with a male masseuse HERE)
- Noosa national park is an attraction in itself. In the early morning, go for a walk up the hill and through the forrest with stunning water views. Most people see the dolphins in the morning. Little Cove is on the way, you could stop for a visit to the secluded beach for a rest.
- My boys like to chase bush turkeys. When you come out of Seahaven on the beach side and turn left, there is bush land with a footpath that leads you to more beach and the river mouth, it is another great thing to do to break up your day.
Have I convinced you? Well, like I told one of my friends, go, see what you think and you will know if you want to go back or not. She was hooked!
Here are some contacts below:
Emu Holiday Hire
Travel Time Luxury Transfers
A non sponsored post from the heart x